Nowadays too many people are wasting time scrolling through IG and TikTok. (*We plead guilty.*)
But what if we could spend time on social media AND build our career prospects at the same time? I’m talking about LinkedIn, and if you don’t have a profile on there:
- Create a profile now!
- Watch the video below to make sure your profile stands out from the competition.
- The surprising things that make up your “digital footprint” (0:27)
- How to manage your digital footprint with LinkedIn and why it’s essential for career success (1:43)
- Forget aesthetic images on your IG, your LinkedIn profile could make or break job offers! (2:50)
- How to set your profile and cover photo with three very important steps (4:03)
- First impressions matter: The importance of a LinkedIn headline (4:54)
- Make sure you leave room to brag on this section of your profile (5:26)
- Don’t click the “Ask for recommendations” button, do this instead…(5:50)
- What to post on LinkedIn and the importance of engagement on other posts (7:01)
- Why you should post about your new position or opportunity (8:53)
- How to network the right way in this new virtual world of ours (9:34)
As you can see, having a LinkedIn profile is pretty important. But what you just watched won’t do you any good if you don’t take action. Separate yourself from the competition by taking the time to build your profile the right way. Trust us, your future self will thank you.
Build More Skills
Life is Selling
When you hear the word “sales” what do you think of? Maybe a sleazy car salesman selling you an “amazing” vehicle, only for it to break down the next day. The reality? Sales is actually one of the most important skills one can possess. Knowing how to sell makes life easier. Because sales isn’t just selling a product or service, we “sell” other things in life as well. For a more in-depth explanation of the power of sales, watch the [...]
How to Make the Most of Your 168 Hours
If you ask people what the most valuable thing in the world is, many will say gold or diamonds. Some will say family or friends. But even fewer will reply with “time.” And honestly, I’d have to agree with those select few. Because time itself is something you’ll never get back. So why waste it? Well in this day and age, wasting time has become an epidemic. Many will say they don’t have enough time in the day to balance [...]
How to Combat Zoom Fatigue
Time codes for the above The several factors according to psychologists that lead to Zoom fatigue (0:48) One thing you’re doing on calls that makes you tired and you don’t even realize it (1:11) Things to include in your diet to stay energized throughout the day (2:16) Why you should dress as if you were going out in public (2:21) Make sure you make room on your schedule for these things (3:38) In conclusion… (4:05)
How to Ace Your Virtual Interview
Summary The virtual workforce has officially emerged. We, as a company and a society, find ourselves doing things differently, including how we conduct job interviews. And while many best interview practices remain the same, virtual interviews have different nuances than in-person. Having participated in dozens of virtual interviews these past several months, our campus relations team has assembled an instructional list of DOs and DONTs. No more sabotaging your prosperity. Watch this workshop and improve your interview outcomes indefinitely. Time codes for the above […]